Tuesday, January 18

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

I was quite proud of myself and my reading accomplishments in 2010. I found that by setting myself some goals, whether as to what or who, seemed to help me read quite a bit more. Here are my goals for 2011:

*Reread the Outlander series
*Read all of Jane Austen's books
*Continue my goal of reading at least 4 more books from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list
*Read at least 2 of this year's NY Times Best-sellers
*Read at least 10 of the books on my shelves, that I haven't read (I don't buy books that often...too much money, but I do have a bunch from PaperBackSwap and on my Amazon.com wishlist that I'll get from the library).
*Read at least 5 books on theology/Christianity and actually spend the time studying them

Also, check me out on paperbackswap.com....great website to get used books for less.

I think that's probably a good start list of things to accomplish.
Here's what I've actually read:

* "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God" by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald
* "The Homecoming" by Dan Walsh
* "Calvinism, Hyper-Calvinism, and Arminianism" by Drs. Kenneth Talbot, W. Gary Crampton, and D. James Kennedy
* "When You Rise Up: A Covenantal Approach to Homeschooling" by RC Sproul
* "Forever Lily: An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China" by Beth Nonte Russell
* "Look to the East" by Maureen Lang
* "The Knowledge of the Holy" by AW Tozer
* "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp
* "The Union Quilters" by Jennifer Chiaverinni
* "Fall of Giants" by Ken Follett
* "Whispers on the Wind" by Maureen Lang
* "Praying for your Future Husband" by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer
* "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield
* "Enemies of the Heart" by Andy Stanley
* "Emily of New Moon" by LM Montgomery
* "The Old Fashioned Girl" by Louisa May Alcott
* "The Wedding Quilt" by Jennifer Chiaverinni
* "The Mistress of Spices" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
*

No comments:

LinkWithin