Friday, January 3

Books in 2014

Books in 2014 - What I'm Reading this Year at LifeintheWhiteHouse.comOne of the most exciting things about a new year, are new books! I don’t think I’ve ever NOT gotten a new book or two or four for Christmas, so I always have something new to read in the new year.

Last year {2013—you can find my accomplished reads for ‘13 here}, I spent most of my reading time in guilty pleasures: Fiction. Particularly re-reading my favorite book series Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and getting new people addicted to the series. It worked out quite well…of course I was ridiculously heartbroken when the release date of the new book was postponed and I now have to wait until June of this year.

So, since last year was a year of guilty pleasures, this year, I suppose, I must be responsible and resume responsible reading, which for me means, non-fiction. Don’t get me wrong, non-fictions are great, but they’re NOT what I LOVE to read. I have a slew of books that I received at Allume, that I still haven’t read, and a bunch more on parenting and homeschooling that need to be read.

So, here it is…

My List of Accomplished Reads for 2014

*Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
*Praying God's Word for Your Husband by Kathi Lipp
*Graceful: Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life by Emily P. Freeman
*The Digital Invasion by Dr. A. Hart and Dr. S Hart Frejd
*Praying for your Husband from Head to Toe by Sharon Jaynes
*Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine
*Mary Poppins by PL Travers
*Holey, Wholly, Holy by Kris Camealy
*Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth
*Mrs. Lincoln's Seamstress by Jennifer Chiaverini
*Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini
*Surprised by Motherhood by Lisa-Jo Baker
*Notes from a Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenreider
*Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends by Sarah, Stephen and Grace Mally
*The Nesting Place by MyQuillyn Smith
*The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine N. Aron
*Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
*The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine N. Aron
*American Gods by Neil Daiman
*Austenland by Shannon Hale
*The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
*The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine
*Letters from Skye by Jessica Brockmole
*The Last Queen by CW Gentner
*Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
*Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes
*The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
*Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putnam, and Sarah Sundin
*Forever Christmas by Robert Tate Miller
*Christmas with Anne by L M Montgomery
*Wild Thing: The Art of Nurturing Boys by Stephen James and David Thomas

No comments:

LinkWithin