Wednesday, June 23

"Broken" tailbone (pregnancy mentioned)

One of the things I had never even thought of and never even heard of was women who had "broken" their tailbone during labor. I am one of those women. Seven months later it still hurts....bad.

Knowing that we're going to be cycling again soon, and that (hopefully) I could be having another baby next June kind of scares me in regards to pain. I've been looking into it and I think I figured out how it broke and what needs to happen the next time around so that it doesn't happen again.

My labor was fast: I went from 4cms to pushing in 2 hours, I only had contractions for 8 hours. I was lying on my back and pushing...typical position. My guess that everything was so hard and fast that the tailbone didn't have time to stretch or do whatever it's supposed to and it had to get out of the way somehow.

The solution for next time: I cannot, CANNOT labor lying down on my back. Hopefully my tailbone will have healed before next time. Pretty much the doctor has to be told that I can't labor on my back and if they're not ok with that then we're going to another doctor/midwife.

No comments:

LinkWithin