Saturday, October 31

Birth Story

I've decided to keep at this as much as I can through the whole thing.

Today I worked in the store from 8-2, not too much running or time on my feet, but enough. I told my mom I felt like I was getting my period...just that dull, achy, crampy, uncomfortable, heavy crotch feeling. Her opinion was that things were happening.

~*~10:35 pm on October 31~*~
Been having contractions for about 4 hours, and been keeping track of them for about the past 2.5 hours. They've been a steady 10 minutes apart up until about a 1/2 hour ago, now they're getting closer (down to 6-7mins) and lasting about 1-2mins.

I must say these are interesting: They start in my lower back and that's where I feel them the worst, although they go through my whole midsection. As I've explained them to Matt "They feel like really strong stomach cramps. Like you have to go major diarrhea, but can't, but just wish that you could, because then you might feel better".

Our 1 dog is always my shadow, the other is too, but not as much. Well the one that isn't my usual shadow has been following me in and out of the bathroom and proceeds to sit on the carpet in there staring at me. She's now currently curled up behind my legs while I'm lying on the couch, the other is on my feet.

I think at this point we're basically going to wait and see...whether they get more intense and closer together before we call the hospital. Once they're consistently down to 5-7 minutes (for at least 30-45 mins) we'll call. Of course we do have a 35 minute ride to the hospital.

No comments:

LinkWithin